Hearty Sweet Potato Pumpkin Chili
A hearty, rich, Whole30 chili that is full of ground meat and vegetables. Perfect for the Instant Pot or can easily be made on the stovetop. A perfect one-pot meal!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage
- 1 yellow onion large
- 2 cups sweet potato
- 2 bell peppers I used red and green
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 43 ounces canned diced tomatoes (1 large & 1 small can)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Parsley, avocado, red onion, hot sauce for garnish
Set Instant Pot to sauté. Add avocado oil.
Add ground beef and pork to Instant Pot and chop into small pieces. Once meat starts to brown, add diced onions. Sauté until onions become translucent. Add all spices to the pot and heat through. Dice bell peppers and sweet potato.
When the spices become fragrant, add bell peppers, sweet potato, pumpkin purée, diced tomatoes, bone broth and coconut aminos. Stir well.
Close lid and set to seal. Pressure cook 40 minutes on high and manually release pressure when finished. Sweet potatoes should be cooked through. If not, cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir well.
Garnish with diced red onion, avocado and minced parsley. Drizzle hot sauce for some additional heat.