These gluten-free cold noodles are perfect for summer. I love taking them on picnics in the park or on a beach day, as they pack easily into a cooler. You can prepare them warm or refrigerate ahead of time and eat cold.
My newest favorite gluten-free pasta!
I have recently discovered this cassava pasta from Jovial. It’s absolutely fantastic and works great with this recipe; offering an organic, gluten free option. You can click the link on the bottom of the photo below to purchase the specific pasta that I used for this recipe. I also love their elbow macaroni, fusilli, penne and orzo pastas and always make sure to have some on hand.Jovial Grain-Free Cassava Spaghetti | Cassava Pasta | Paleo Pasta | Grain-Free | Certified Gluten-Free | 100% Organic Pasta | USDA Certified Organic | Non-GMO | High-Fiber | 8 oz (1 pack)
Use chicken or make your gluten-free cold noodles meat-free.
I used chicken in mine and saved time by using a leftover rotisserie chicken that I purchased from the grocery store. I would recommend dicing and tossing with the other ingredients when cold. It’s not going to make or break your final product, but I found that the chicken will break apart easier when it’s still warm. So, if you can, refrigerate it first before using in this recipe.
Want to keep your gluten-free cold noodles vegetarian or vegan? Skip the meat and just disregard the fish sauce if vegan. You can find a great vegan fish sauce here.
Gluten-Free Cold Noodles
- Food Processor / Blender
- Large Pot
- Large Bowl
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the noodles:
- 8 ounces cassava pasta I used Jovial spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1 cup chicken breast, diced I used a cold rotisserie chicken
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1 bunch scallions about 7 total
- 1 handful fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on stovetop. Cook pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, add all of the sauce ingredients into a mini food processor or blender and blend until very smooth. (You may need to push down the sides so all of the cashews blend completely.) Set aside.
- Thinly slice scallion greens and dice scallion whites. Remove seeds from red bell pepper and slice into very thin strips about 2-3 inches long. Do the same with the cucumber, removing the seeds and slicing thinly.
- Remove cold chicken from refrigerator and chop into bite sized pieces. A rotisserie chicken works great. (don't use skin)
- In a large bowl, add the scallions, red pepper, coleslaw mix, cucumber, chicken, cilantro and sesame seeds. Add entire sauce and gently fold ingredients until coated with sauce.
- Add gluten-free pasta and give another few folds until coated.
- Enjoy warm or refrigerate and eat cold. Garnish with cilantro, crushed cashews, red pepper flakes and fresh lime wedges.
Hope you try making this recipe for yourself and when you do, tag me on Instagram @apinchofpride, so I can say hello and see what else you’re making!