Do you love the Sweet Pepper Panzanella Recipe To Check In 2023, but are looking for a way to give it a modern twist? Look no further – this Sweet Pepper Panzanella Recipe is sure to be a hit at your dinner table! Find out why this unique combination of sweet peppers and croutons is bound to become an instant classic. Plus, discover how you can make it in under 20 minutes!
Sweet Pepper Panzanella
- -1 lb. sweet peppers red, yellow, or orange, stem removed, finely chopped
- -1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- -1 garlic clove minced
- -3 tbsp. olive oil
- -2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- -1/4 tsp. sugar
- -1/4 tsp. salt
- -1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- -6 cups stale Italian bread cut into 1-inch cubes (about 10 oz.)
- -1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, toss bread cubes with 2 tablespoons of the vinegar mixture. Bake for 10 minutes, or until bread is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine cooled bread cubes, peppers, tomatoes, olives, and onions. Pour remaining vinegar mixture over top and toss to coat.
- Let salad sit for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.
Variations of the Recipe
There are many ways to make panzanella, but this sweet pepper variation is a delicious and easy option that is perfect for summer. This dish can be made with any type of bread, but I prefer a rustic loaf.
You can also use any type of sweet pepper, but I think the red and yellow ones look the nicest in this dish. If you can’t find sweet peppers, you can use regular bell peppers instead.
Nutritional Benefits of Sweet Pepper Panzanella
It’s no secret that vegetables are good for you. But did you know that some veggies are better than others when it comes to their nutritional benefits? That’s right, some vegetables pack a bigger nutritional punch than others and sweet peppers are one of those veggies. Here’s a look at some of the nutritional benefits of sweet peppers:
1. Sweet peppers are an excellent source of vitamins A and C.
2. Sweet peppers are also a good source of fiber.
3. Sweet peppers contain antioxidants which can help protect your cells from damage.
4. Sweet peppers have anti-inflammatory properties which can help to reduce inflammation in the body.
5. Sweet peppers can help boost your immune system.
6. Sweet peppers may also help to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
This Sweet Pepper Panzanella recipe is a great way to switch up the classic salad and add some flavor. With the sweetness of the peppers and brightness of the lemon, this dish will be sure to please everyone at your next gathering. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make with minimal effort! We hope you’ll try this Sweet Pepper Panzanella Recipe To Check In 2023 – you won’t regret it.