The ingredient that steals the show in this Whole30 Crunchy Fennel Salad Recipe is definitely the fennel. It’s such an underestimated and forgotten vegetable that whenever I use it, I question why I don’t use it more often. It’s great in salads, blended in soups, or sautéed with other vegetables. It also gives this salad the perfect crunch when sliced thinly.
Enjoy this Whole30 Crunchy Fennel Salad Recipe as a savory, crunchy side salad, or add some chopped chicken and make it the main course! It’s ready in no time and can be served immediately or you can refrigerate and enjoy it the next day. Make sure to leave room on the table for this scrumptious salad!
Crunchy Fennel Salad
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon course salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the salad:
- 2 large fennel bulbs with fronds
- 2-3 cups arugula
- 1 green apple
- 3 ribs celery
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Pinch salt
- Preheat pan on stovetop to medium-low heat and drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add pecans, cinnamon and pinch of salt. Toast until fragrant and slightly browned.
- In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt and black pepper. Whisk vigorously to emulsify into a vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin or knife, begin thinly slicing the fennel bulbs, apple and celery and add to a large mixing bowl. Add arugula, dried cherries, toasted pecans and pieces of fennel fronds. Drizzle over all of vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or allow up to one day in the fridge.
Hope you try making this Whole30 Crunchy Fennel Salad recipe for yourself and when you do, tag me on Instagram @apinchofpride, so I can say hello and see what else you’re making!