Are you looking for a quick and delicious way to serve up some greens this summer? Look no further than Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe To Check In 2023. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also packed with antioxidants and other nutrients that you need to stay healthy. Find out in this article why you should be adding this tasty dish to your menu in 2023!
Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe To Check In 2023
This salad is a great way to use up any extra Brussels sprouts you may have. It’s also a great way to get your greens in! The Brussels sprouts are shredded and then tossed with a light dressing, making this salad perfect for any season.
Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad
- -1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- -1/4 cup olive oil
- -1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- -1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- -1 clove garlic minced
- -1 teaspoon kosher salt
- -1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- First trim the ends off of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow or brown leaves. Then, using a food processor fitted with the shredding attachment, or a sharp knife, shred the Brussels sprouts into thin strips.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss everything together until the sprouts are evenly coated then spread them out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring a few times throughout, or until they’re nice and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before adding them to a salad bowl along with the chopped kale, diced apple, dried cranberries, slivered almonds and crumbled feta cheese.
- For the dressing, simply whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth then drizzle it over top of the salad (start with less dressing then add more to taste). Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later!
Benefits of Eating Brussels Sprouts
Here are some of the top benefits of eating Brussels sprouts:
1. They’re a great source of vitamins and minerals.
Brussels sprouts are an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as folate and manganese. They also contain a decent amount of fiber, potassium, and magnesium.
2. They may help protect against cancer.
The antioxidants and other compounds in Brussels sprouts may help protect against certain types of cancer, including ovarian cancer and colorectal cancer.
3. They can help improve digestion.
The high fiber content in Brussels sprouts can be beneficial for digestive health by helping to keep things moving along smoothly and preventing constipation.
4. They may promote heart health.
The nutrients in Brussels sprouts may help reduce the risk of heart disease by keeping cholesterol and blood pressure levels in check.
Alternative Variations of the Salad
-If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, feta cheese would be a delicious alternative.
-For a vegan option, omit the cheese and use avocado instead.
-If you don’t have any lemons on hand, you could use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
-Try adding some chopped nuts for a crunchy texture, such as walnuts or pecans.
– dried cranberries or raisins would be a good addition for sweetness.
Nutrition Information of Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad
This salad is a great way to get your daily serving of vegetables. It is packed with nutrients and is low in calories. This salad is also a good source of fiber and protein.
With its crunchy texture and flavorful mix of ingredients, this shredded Brussels sprout salad is sure to be a hit in any gathering. Not only does it make for a tasty side dish or light meal, but the health benefits that come with the Brussels sprouts are also undeniable. Give it a try as part of your 2023 meal plan and see how you like it. This was all about Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe To Check In 2023.