Looking for a healthy and delicious meal that won’t take too long to make? Look no further than this taco salad recipe! Not only is it healthy and easy to make, but it also tastes great and will be sure to satisfy your cravings. Read on to find out why you should check out this delicious Healthy Taco Salad Recipe To Check In 2023.
Healthy Taco Salad Recipe
- -1 lb. of lean ground beef
- -package of taco seasoning mix
- -1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- -a can of corn drained
- -1 diced green bell pepper
- -1 diced red onion
- -1/2 cup of prepared salsa
- -1/2 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream
- -1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- -8 oz. of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- -6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce leaves
- -10 small whole wheat tortillas cut into strips
- - 1 lb. ground beef
- - package taco seasoning mix
- - 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- - a cup shredded cheddar cheese
- - 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- - 2 tomatoes, diced
- - 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat and remove from heat. Stir in the taco seasoning mix.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef mixture, black beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and ranch dressing. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Variations of Healthy Taco Salad
When it comes to taco salad, there are endless possibilities for creative variations. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. For a hearty twist, add some black beans or lentils to the mix.
2. Swap out the lettuce for some kale or spinach for an extra nutrient boost.
3. Give it a Mediterranean flair by adding in some feta cheese and Kalamata olives.
4. Make it a Tex-Mex feast by adding in corn, diced tomatoes, and avocado.
5. Kick up the heat with some diced jalapeño or serrano peppers.
Nutritional Info of the Recipe
When it comes to healthy eating, knowing the nutritional value of what you’re consuming is key. That’s why we’ve provided the nutritional information for our delicious and nutritious taco salad recipe below.
1 cup of this salad contains:
– Calories: 300
– Fat: 15 g
– Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
– Cholesterol: 30 mg
– Sodium: 410 mg
– Carbohydrates: 30 g
– Fiber: 7 g
– Sugar: 4 g
– Protein: 13 g
Tips & Tricks for Preparing the Salad
When it comes to making a healthier taco salad, there are a few tips and tricks that can help. First, choose a leaner protein such as chicken or fish. Second, use less cheese and sour cream, and opt for yogurt or avocado instead. Lastly, load up on the veggies! tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and peppers all make great additions to a healthy taco salad.
We hope this easy and healthy taco salad recipe was helpful in providing you with a delicious, nutritious meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week! With just 20 minutes of preparation time, you can have dinner on the table in no time. Not to mention, it’s a great way to get your family excited about eating healthier meals. This was all about Healthy Taco Salad Recipe to Check in 2023.