Craving something delicious and easy to make? Look no further than this Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe To Check In 2023 – the perfect combination of sweet, savory, and healthy flavors. With just a few simple ingredients, you can be sure to have a meal that will tantalize your taste buds in 2023!
Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe To Check In 2023
- A can of corn drained
- A diced jalapeño pepper
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- The juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cotija cheese for topping (optional)
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Then, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set it aside.
- Next, you'll need to husk the corn. To do this, simply peel back the green husks until they come off easily. Once the corn is husked, remove any silks that may be clinging to the kernels.
- Now it's time to roast the corn! Place the ears of corn on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the kernels are tender and slightly browned in spots.
- Let the roasted corn cool for a few minutes before cutting the kernels off of the cob. Use a sharp knife to avoid losing any of those delicious juices!
- Add the roasted corn kernels to a large bowl along with the diced tomatoes, diced avocado, minced red onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and chili powder. Gently stir everything together until well combined.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for later! Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks for Making Delicious Mexican Street Corn Salad
1. Start with fresh corn: There is nothing worse than biting into a cob of corn that has been sitting out in the sun all day long. Street vendors in Mexico always have fresh, hot corn on the cob and that’s what you should use for this salad.
2. Add some spice: The key to any good Mexican street food is the spices and this salad is no different. I like to add a little chili powder and cumin to mine for an extra kick but feel free to adjust the spices to your liking.
3. Don’t skimp on the cheese: One of my favorite things about this salad is all of the melted cheese on top.
4. Use mayo or crema: Another key ingredient in this salad is either mayonnaise or crema. Crema is a Mexican sour cream that is thinner in consistency than regular sour cream.
5. Add some lime juice: Last but not least, don’t forget the lime juice! A little squeeze of fresh lime juice really brightens up all the flavors in this salad and takes it from good to great
Variations on the Recipe
There are endless possibilities when it comes to customizing this salad. Try adding different beans, such as black or pinto beans. Mix in some diced avocado for extra creaminess. Not a fan of mayo? Use Greek yogurt or sour cream instead. Don’t like cilantro? Swap it out for chopped green onions or chives. The options are endless!
Nutritional Information on Mexican Street Corn Salad
This Mexican street corn salad is a healthier version of the popular dish. It is made with fresh corn, black beans, tomatoes, and avocado. The dressing is a combination of lime juice, olive oil, and chili powder. This salad is a good source of fiber and protein. It is also low in fat and calories.
Mexican street corn salad is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that will be sure to please everyone at your next get together. The combination of sweet corn, creamy mayo, and salty feta cheese make it the perfect accompaniment to any meal. We hope this recipe helps you create the perfect Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe To Check In 2023! With the right ingredients, preparation time, and presentation technique, you can make an amazing Mexican street corn salad that all will enjoy.