Summer is the perfect season to experiment with new dishes, and this delightful Summer Corn Salad Recipe To Check In 2023 is no exception! Whether you’re looking for a light lunch or dinner option or a side dish to pair with your favorite grilled meats, this salad will not disappoint. Read on to learn more about this delicious recipe and why it’s one that you’ll want to keep in your repertoire for years to come.
Summer Corn Salad Recipe
- -4 ears of corn shucked
- -1/2 red onion diced
- -1/2 red bell pepper diced
- -1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- -1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- -3 tablespoons olive oil
- -3 tablespoons white vinegar
- -1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, corn, and salt. Add the green onions and bell pepper and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Cooking Instructions
- Preheat your grill, or heat a heavy skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. You’ll know it’s hot enough when you can hold your hand an inch or so above the surface and feel the heat.
- Cut the kernels off the cob by holding the cob in one hand and using a knife to slice down the length of each row of kernels.
- Spread the kernels in a single layer on a baking sheet or large plate and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Grill or cook the corn for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s slightly charred in spots and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before adding to your salad.
Variations for the Recipe
There are so many ways to make a summer corn salad! Here are some of our favorites:
– Add diced avocado for a creamy twist
– Mix in some diced tomatoes for a pop of color
– Use fresh basil leaves for a flavor punch
– Swap out the feta cheese for goat cheese for a tangy twist
– Add roasted corn kernels for added sweetness and crunch
Nutritional Information of Summer Corn Salad Recipe
Make sure to check the nutritional information on the corn salad recipe that you are using. This will help you to understand how many calories and fat are in the dish. It is also a good idea to check for other things like sodium and cholesterol.
Benefits of Eating Summer Corn Salad
There are many benefits to eating summer corn salad. This dish is a great source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It is also a low-calorie food that is perfect for those watching their weight. Summer corn salad is a versatile dish that can be served as a side or main course.
Tips for Making the Best Summer Corn Salad
1. Start with fresh corn: Look for ears that are bright in color and have tightly packed kernels. If you can, try to find corn that was picked within the last day or two.
2. Cook the corn properly: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and then cook the corn for 3-5 minutes. You want the corn to be cooked but still slightly firm.
3. Add a variety of vegetables: In addition to corn, add in some diced tomatoes, chopped red onions, and sliced cucumbers.
4. Make a simple dressing: Combine olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk together. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything together.
5. Let the salad sit for a bit: This will allow the flavors to meld together. After about 30 minutes, taste the salad and see if it needs anything else ( more salt, pepper, etc.). Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This summer corn salad is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy all of the great flavors that come with summertime. With the simple combination of sweet corn, juicy tomatoes, and flavorful herbs, you can make this easy side dish in no time at all. Whether you’re hosting dinner guests or just want something light and tasty for yourself to munch on, our Summer Corn Salad recipe will be sure to hit the spot! Try it out Summer Corn Salad Recipe to Check in 2023!