This Paleo Gluten-Free Cold Noodles Recipe is perfect for summer. I love taking them on picnics in the park or on a beach day, as they pack easily into a cooler. You can prepare them warm or refrigerate ahead of time and eat cold.
Use chicken or make your gluten-free cold noodles meat-free.
I used chicken in mine and saved time by using a leftover rotisserie chicken that I purchased from the grocery store. I would recommend dicing and tossing with the other ingredients when cold. It’s not going to make or break your final product, but I found that the chicken will break apart easier when it’s still warm. So, if you can, refrigerate it first before using in this recipe. Try out this Paleo Gluten-Free Cold Noodles Recipe and share your experiences with us in the comment section.
Gluten-Free Cold Noodles
- Large Pot
- Large Bowl
- For the sauce:
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- For the noodles:
- 8 ounces cassava pasta I used Jovial spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1 cup chicken breast diced I used a cold rotisserie chicken
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1 bunch scallions about 7 total
- 1 handful fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on stovetop. Cook pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, add all of the sauce ingredients into a mini food processor or blender and blend until very smooth. (You may need to push down the sides so all of the cashews blend completely.) Set aside.
- Thinly slice scallion greens and dice scallion whites. Remove seeds from red bell pepper and slice into very thin strips about 2-3 inches long. Do the same with the cucumber, removing the seeds and slicing thinly.
- Remove cold chicken from refrigerator and chop into bite sized pieces. A rotisserie chicken works great. (don't use skin)
- In a large bowl, add the scallions, red pepper, coleslaw mix, cucumber, chicken, cilantro and sesame seeds. Add entire sauce and gently fold ingredients until coated with sauce.
- Add gluten-free pasta and give another few folds until coated.
- Enjoy warm or refrigerate and eat cold. Garnish with cilantro, crushed cashews, red pepper flakes and fresh lime wedges.