If you’re looking for a delicious way to get your veggies in for the day, look no further than this delicious Eggplant & Roasted Tomato Farro Salad Recipe To Check In 2023! With a combination of roasted vegetables, farro, and a tangy vinaigrette, this dish is sure to become a favorite of yours in 2023. Let’s take a look at how to make it!
Eggplant & Roasted Tomato Farro Salad
- 1 cup Farro
- 1 Eggplant peeled and diced
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 1/4 Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Basil chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the eggplant into small, bite-sized pieces and spread them out on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the top and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring a few times, until they are nice and tender.
- Cook the farro according to package instructions. I like to cook mine in chicken or vegetable broth to give it some extra flavor.
- To roasted the tomatoes, cut them in half and place them cut side down on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until they are starting to get slightly charred around the edges.
- Once everything is cooked, assemble the salad by combining the farro, eggplant, tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, and parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle with your desired amount of vinaigrette (I like a simple balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing) and serve!
Variations on the Recipe
There are endless possibilities when it comes to altering this recipe to make it your own. For example, you could swap out the farro for another grain, such as quinoa or rice.
You could also use different vegetables in place of the eggplant and tomatoes, such as zucchini and squash. Lastly, you could change up the dressing by using a vinaigrette instead of the balsamic vinegar and olive oil listed in the recipe.
No matter how you choose to alter this dish, it’s sure to be delicious!
Serving and Storing Suggestions
First, Eggplant is best cooked when it’s either roasted or grilled. This gives it a nice smoky flavor that really pairs well with the other ingredients in this salad.
Second, make sure you season the eggplant well. I like to use a little bit of garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. These all add great flavor without overwhelming the dish.
Once the eggplant is cooked, allow it to cool slightly before adding it to the salad. You can either serve the salad immediately or store it in the fridge for later. If you do store it, just be sure to add the dressing right before serving so the salad doesn’t get soggy.
This Eggplant & Roasted Tomato Farro Salad Recipe To Check In 2023 is the perfect dish to check in with during the summer months. It’s light, refreshing, and full of flavor. The key to this salad is to let the ingredients speak for themselves. Don’t over-complicate it with too many ingredients or flavors. Keep it simple and let the natural flavors shine through.