These Bacon Wrapped Green Beans are sweet, spicy and full of rich flavor. You can quickly prepare them for dinner or make them ahead and pop them in the oven while preparing your main course.
Get it right, wrap it tight.
When you wrap your bundles, only use about 8-12 green beans. You’ll want to wrap the bundles so that the bacon strip wraps snugly around the green bean bundles approximately 1.5-2 times. If it doesn’t, when the bacon is in the oven it will unravel.
Does the thickness of the bacon matter?
Yes and no. There are other recipes out there that say to avoid using thicker cut slices of bacon. Um no. I prefer using thicker slices because the fat that renders off the bacon seasons the green beans and when wrapped properly, holds the beans in place very well. The bacon gets super crispy and the bottom of the bundles get this crazy good crust. In my opinion, thicker is better, but you can certainly make this using thinner slices of bacon. Just pay a bit more attention to how crispy your bacon is getting and maybe reduce the roasting time by 5-10 minutes depending on your oven.
Let the bundles cool slightly before serving.
When the bundles come out of the oven, set aside to cool for about 2-3 minutes. This will give the bacon a few moments to setup and become sturdier, keeping your bundles together rather than falling apart. I like to use a spatula to lift the bundles from the sheet pan rather than kitchen tongs. The bottoms of the bundles get nice and crispy and should easily lift from the baking sheet.
If you like these Bacon Wrapped Green Beans, check out my Glazed Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts.
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Baking sheet
- ½-¾ pound green beans trimmed
- 6 bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Wash, dry and trim green bean ends. Set aside.
- Lay one strip of bacon down and bundle about 8-10 green beans in your hand. Place green beans on top of the strip of bacon on one end and roll strip of bacon around the beans. Strip of bacon should wrap around the bundle of green beans approximately 1.5-2 times.
- Place bacon wrapped green beans onto an ungreased baking sheet. Roll the remaining bundles and place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle over 2 tablespoons coconut aminos and season green beans with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 mins or until bacon is crispy and green beans are slightly blistered.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of coconut aminos and spinkle with red pepper flakes.
Hope you try making this recipe for yourself and when you do, tag me on Instagram @apinchofpride, so I can say hello and see what else you’re making!