I love the Instant Pot; such a great tool to have in the kitchen. If you aren’t familiar, an Instant Pot is a pressure cooker that tenderizes meat, cooks soup, and other foods at rapid speed. I’ve since ditched my slow cooker because I literally use my Instant Pot and have food … well, in an instant. Check for Whole30 Instant Pot Split Pea Soup recipe in 2023.
Taking it back, old school Whole30’ers will know that peas were originally not compatible with Whole30 until recently. In March of 2020, peas became compatible. If you’re interested in learning more you can read the Whole30 article here that explains the reason and science behind the change. Clearly, I was excited about the change and have started incorporating peas during Whole30. This Whole30 Instant Pot Split Pea Soup is the perfect way to introduce peas into your routine.
whole30 instant pot split pea soup recipe is incredibly easy and is perfect for any night of the week where you want a healthy, quick meal. This recipe was featured on one of my Whole30 Recipes takeovers. Literally throw everything into the Instant Pot and let it do its thing. The end result is a thick, rich split pea soup that you’ll want to make again and again.
What if I don’t have an Instant Pot?
Not to worry – you don’t have to own an Instant Pot. Simply cook this covered on the stovetop. Adding more liquid if needed.
What are Oomph Cooking Blends and where do I find them?
“Oomph Cooking Blends are organic/natural grown vegetables and herbs that are gently dehydrated, milled and combined into scrumptious flavor profiles. Oomph allows you to flavor food, with food and make magic in the pan and at the table.
Add Oomph to any of your favorite recipes, enliven leftovers, experiment with the magic of Oomph and your palate will be rewarded.”
Visit us for more information and retail locations near you. This is a great way to try all our blends which are all Whole30 Approved!
Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 ribs celery
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Oomph Cooking Blends - Mirepoix optional
- 1 16 ounce bag split peas
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 5-6 strips bacon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Turn Instant Pot on high sauté mode. Add olive oil.
- Dice onion, celery and carrot and add to Instant Pot. Sauté until onions are translucent. Mince garlic and add to Instant Pot.
- Turn sauté mode off and add chicken broth, water, Oomph Cooking Blends split peas, bay leaves, thyme and uncooked bacon strips to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Close and lock Instant Pot lid and cook on manual high heat for 15 minutes. Allow Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for another 15 minutes before removing lid. Stir immediately.
- Preheat pan on stovetop to medium-high heat. Remove strips of bacon from Instant Pot and sear bacon until crispy. Once crispy, remove from pan and pat with paper towel to remove any excess fat. Chop into pieces.
- Garnish with chopped bacon, parsley and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Check out our whole30 instant pot split pea soup recipe in 2023.